A gas leak stopped traffic in Charlotte County on Monday but no one was injured and there were no evacuations. Around noon, Veterans Boulevard was closed off in both directions from Murdock Circle to Cochran Boulevard as Charlotte County Fire/EMS responded. An active TECO Gas leak was found near Wal-Mart. The leak happened during an attempt to place an anchor in the ground to support a telephone pole. It was stopped at about 1:20 and traffic was moving again on Veterans Boulevard around two p.m.