All residents of unincorporated Sarasota County shall follow landscape and irrigation water restrictions. The year round restrictions apply to sources of water including well, pond, or utility system used for manual and automated irrigation systems except for low-volume Irrigation, spot treatment, residential drip lines, soaker hoses, and reclaimed water. Failure to comply with these restrictions may result in code enforcement action.
Effective January 1, 2023:
- Irrigation for sites with addresses that end in the numbers 0 or 1 may occur only on Monday.
- Irrigation for sites with addresses that end in the numbers 2 or 3 may occur only on Tuesday.
- Irrigation for sites with addresses that end in the numbers 4 or 5 may occur only on Wednesday.
- Irrigation for sites with addresses that end in the numbers 6 or 7 may occur only on Thursday.
- Irrigation for sites with addresses that end in the numbers 8 or 9 may occur only on Friday.
- Irrigation for sites with addresses that end in the letters A through Z and common area landscaping with no address assigned (i.e., entranceways to developments, median and roadside plantings, around clubhouses, and recreational elements) shall be irrigated only on Saturday.
Until January 1, 2023:
- Even numbered addresses (house numbers ending with 0, 2, 4, 6 or 8) may water only on Tuesday.
- Odd numbered addresses (house numbers ending with 1, 3, 5, 7 or 9) may water only Thursday.
- Common areas with no address, such as median or roadside plantings, clubhouse or recreation areas may be irrigated only on Tuesday.
- The maximum amount of water applied is limited to three-quarters of an inch in each irrigation zone, on each allowable watering day.
- Irrigation is prohibited between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m. on any allowable day.
- Fountains and waterfalls may operate only eight hours per day.
- No special watering allowances will be granted for veritcutting or over-seeding.
- New or replacement lawns.
- Watering may occur on the first day of installation any time of any day of the week.
- After the first day, new lawns may be irrigated any day for another 29 days, before 10 a.m. and after 4 p.m.
- On days 31 through 60, new lawns may be irrigated up to three times a week, before 10 a.m. and after 4 p.m.
- Rain sensor shut-off devices are required for automated irrigations.
- It is important to check timers for proper settings after daylight savings and power outages and that rain sensor shut-off devices are still intact and properly functioning after a storm event.
To report a watering violation, please call the Utilities Customer service office 941-861-6790 or email to [email protected]. Please include day/date/time and address of the violation.