Port Charlotte, FL – March 2, 2023
Deputies approaching a vehicle interrupted a passenger attempting to inject Heroin during a traffic stop. A search of the vehicle led to the discovery of various narcotics and ties to a local drug house.
On March 1, 2023, Narcotics Detectives investigating several overdoses connected to 480 Fletcher Street observed a tan Chevy Avalanche arrive to the above residence which stayed only briefly. The passenger, identified as 34-year-old Cassidy Ketchum, and driver, identified as Daniel Lamb, left approximately 20 minutes after arriving. Ketchum was observed exiting the vehicle and entering the home. Once she returned, the vehicle left.
The vehicle traveled down Veterans Blvd until a deputy was able to make a traffic stop. As the deputy approached, he observed Ketchum with a loaded syringe in her hand attempting to inject herself with a substance testing positive for Heroin.
The deputy immediately removed Ketchum from the vehicle and placed her into custody. Inside the vehicle, deputies located:
- 2.50 grams (in vial weight) of liquid Heroin from inside syringe
- 0.1 grams (IBW) of pink/blue Fentanyl on top of center console
- 8 white pills bearing the markings “M8” which were identified via pill identifier as Hydromorphone Hydrochloride (schedule 2 controlled substance)
- One bottle cap (Contents testing positive for Fentanyl)
- One cigarette wrapper that previously contained Hydromorphone Hydrochloride pills
- One previously loaded syringe
- One Motorola cell phone
Daniel Lamb was issued a criminal citation for Operating a Motor Vehicle with a suspended license and was released from the scene. Cassidy Ketchum was arrested and charged with the following:
- Possess Cntrl Sub WO Prescription x2
- Drug Paraphernalia – Possession or Use Of
Narcotics Detectives executed a search warrant at 480 Fletcher St. in Port Charlotte where Jeanette Souza (8/23/86) and Kellie Coe (6/29/83) were taken into custody.
During the search warrant a plethora of drug paraphernalia was located including hundreds of used drug baggies and syringes. Additionally, more than 10 grams of Fentanyl, 7.4 grams of Methamphetamines, Hydromorphone pills, Cannabis and several loaded syringes containing Fentanyl were discovered. Narcotics detectives also located 24 Buprenorphine films inside the vehicle Kellie Coe was driving.