Who should run the day to day operations of Sarasota County?
We don’t know yet, but you can have an input. The county will hold five focus group sessions for you to give your input on what characteristics and qualities are important in a new county administrator. The meetings also will explore the opportunities for the county and the next administrator. The Mercer Group out of Atlanta will facilitate the meetings since they’re conducting the search for the new administrator for the county commission.
Each of the five meetings will be held in a Sarasota County Commission district:
Thursday, Sept. 8
· 10:30 a.m., Selby Library, 1331 First Street, Sarasota
· 2 p.m., Phillippi Estate Park in the Edison Keith Mansion, 5500 S. Tamiami Trail, Sarasota
· 6 p.m., Venice Community Center, 326 S. Nokomis Ave., Venice
Friday, Sept. 9
· 10:30 a.m., North Port Library, 13800 S. Tamiami Trail, North Port
· 2:30 p.m., North Sarasota Library, 2801 Newtown Blvd., Sarasota