North Port Police stated today that investigators have not found a campsite in the Carlton Nature Preserve in Venice. The reserve has been the focus of the search for Brian Laundrie, since Gabby Peitio was found dead in Wyoming. Gabby’s death has been ruled a homicide.
Police spokesperson Josh Taylor’s confirmed that there was no campsite. Sources say that the Laundrie family told CNN’s Chris Cuomo in a FOX NEWS interview that they had been informed by investigators that police had made a discovery in the Carlton Reserve.
Also on Thursday, Laundrie’s father, Chris Laundrie, joined authorities to help in the search, Officials said Brian Laundrie’s father showed police the trails and locations where he and his son have hiked and spent time.
The search for the fiancée of Gabby Petitio continues as investigators try to piece together what happened to Gabby Petito and Laundrie when he returned home with out her.
Several weeks ago, Laundrie’s parents released a statement through their attorney, saying, “Chris and Roberta Laundrie do not know where Brian is. They are concerned about Brian and hope the FBI can locate him. The speculation by the public and some in the press that the parents assisted Brian in leaving the family home or in avoiding arrest on a warrant that was issued after Brian had already been missing for several days is just wrong.”