Sarasota County ~ Operation Green Light is a statewide Driver License reinstatement event program will take place from November 19th thru the 21st.
When participating in Operation Green Light, take these steps to ensure you will be able to reinstate your driver’s license.
- Check Your Florida Driver’s License Status – Check the status of your Florida Driver’s License online by entering your driver’s license number. You will see the current status of your license, and what is affecting your license status.
- Check What You Owe in Sarasota County – Check your Sarasota County traffic and court records online to see what you owe. Begin by choosing “General Public User Access,” then follow the on-screen instructions to search for your ticket or case, and review the outstanding case fees.
- Decide which Operation Green Light Event and Location You Will Attend – Special, in-person weekday evening and Saturday hours are offered exclusively to help Operation Green Light customers save money and get back on the road.
Thursday & Friday
November 19 & 20, 2020
5PM to 6PM
November 21, 2020
9AM to 1PM
- Have Your Sarasota County Payment Ready – Make sure you bring a check, cash, or money order to pay your Sarasota County ticket or case in full. Credit cards are also accepted and are subject to a 3.5% processing fee. Payment plans are also available; you must apply in person and make an initial down payment of $25 per case.
- Satisfy Tickets and Fines in Other Counties – If you have outstanding items in other Florida counties, contact that county Clerk’s office directly to see if they are hosting Operation Green Light events and make arrangements to satisfy these obligations.
- Reinstate Your Driver’s License – The Clerk and Comptroller can reinstate some driver’s licenses while you are at our office. Otherwise, you can visit the Tax Collector’s office for license and vehicle registration assistance; an appointment may be required. There is an additional fee for license reinstatement.