(Bradenton, Fla., March 13, 2020) — The following communication has been sent to students, faculty and staff at State College of Florida, Manatee-Sarasota:
For the wellbeing and safety of all our faculty, staff and students as well as our community, SCF will transition to Online Learning environment, to the extent possible, effective Thursday, March 19, 2020.
Please note the following important dates and information:
- Monday, March 16 through Wednesday, March 18, ALL face-to-face AND online classes, college-related events, and community events are canceled at ALL SCF campuses. All SCF campuses are closed to students and the public. Please note SCF’s Traffic Safety Institute will operate as scheduled unless you are notified otherwise.
- ALL faculty and staff will continue to report to campus to prepare for this transition. Additional information will be sent to faculty and staff to guide them through this transition.
- Beginning Thursday, March 19 through Friday, April 3, 2020 all SCF classes will be delivered online to the extent possible. Additional information will be provided to guide students through this transition. We are taking into consideration and will provide information for students who may have a gap in access to online learning resources, may require tutoring, may require meal assistance, etc.
- Beginning Thursday, March 19, all SCF campuses will re-open to serve those students and the community; however, per local, state and community authorities, we will limit events and interactions to small sizes.
- SCF will continue to directly notify anyone who has had exposure to an individual(s) who has possibly or indirectly been exposed to or since tested presumptively positive or positive for the Coronavirus-COVID.
- SCF is postponing ALL out-of-state travel for all faculty, staff and students until further notice per the recommendation of the Florida Department of Education.
- Effectively immediately, NJCAA Region 8 is suspending all athletics competition beginning Friday, March 13 through Saturday, March 28. Please visit SCFManatees.com for updated schedule information.
- We continue to request all employees and students returning from travel to China, Iran, Italy, Japan and South Korea to self-isolate and not return to campus for 14 days after their return.
- Students returning from international travel are asked to inform the Communication’s office at 941-752-5320.
- Employees returning from international travel are asked to inform the Human Resources office at 941-752-5506.
The personal safety of students, faculty and staff is our highest priority. Our team is meeting regularly to assess and communicate recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the Florida Department of Health (DOH), the Florida Department of Education (DOE), the Florida College System (FCS) and other local authorities.
For questions, concerns or additional information, please contact the SCF Coronavirus Hotline at 941-752-5015.